Monday, 10 March 2014

FASHION // THE PERFECT GIG OUTFIT FOR UNDER £20

I've always loved dresses and have always used this blog to display some of my favourite looks, a lot of the time involving a simple day to day casual dress. Back when I did my 'No jeans policy', I got a lot of comments on some of my day dresses that I adore wearing in the summer and for a night out. A fair few of these came from a website called BangoMango, which used to have a shop in St Albans. Myself and a lot of my family used to love shopping there - everything is great quality and everything costs less then a tenner (in fact most of it costs less than £5).

I was absolutely gutted when the shop shut down, but was pleased when I found out I could order online or visit one of their other shops in the South East area. I still continue to buy from this brand to this day - it's perfect for odd bits and bobs, like if you need just a nice top for work or a new pair of cheap jeans for day to day wear but don't want to splash out.

I particularly love how they often seem to stock really feminine but flirty dresses and a fair bit of edgy wear too, which is perfect for me. I'm kind of weird, on a normal summers day or on a night out you'll see me looking every bit feminine with a beautiful dress and heels, yet when it comes to gigs I can turn my hand to looking pretty rock chick! I'm all for big hair and smudged eyeliner and sometimes I can practically live in black.

Inspire Magazine Online - UK Fashion, Beauty and Lifestyle Blog: The Perfect Gig outfit for under £20; gig outfit; clothes; fashion; cheap fashion;
Leatherette front cut out cross top // £5 // Source
 
Which is why I love this shop really! I love how you can create a whole outfit for less than £20. Pretty much nearly everything costs £5 so even if you can stretch your budget to £30, you can probably also treat yourself to more than just staple basics such as a hand bag or a nice cardigan.

I created a quick ideal gig outfit just by browsing the website, some of which I've definitely got my eye on for payday. This whole outfit costs only £18! The jeans are a little pricier (compared to their other stuff anyway) at £8, but it's more than worth it since they can be worn repeatedly.


Inspire Magazine Online - UK Fashion, Beauty and Lifestyle Blog: The Perfect Gig outfit for under £20; gig outfit; clothes; fashion; cheap fashion;
Dark Grey skinny jeggings // £8.00 // Source
 
The cross cut out top is really edgy and funky, as well as being just a tad flirty and different. It's quite light - like these jeggings - which is ideal for hot and sweaty gigs. I'm normally against wearing denim/jeans to gigs because you get SO sweaty, so light jeggings are the perfect alternative.


Inspire Magazine Online - UK Fashion, Beauty and Lifestyle Blog: The Perfect Gig outfit for under £20; gig outfit; clothes; fashion; cheap fashion;
Suedette bow and spike flat shoes // £5.00 // Source

I really love these shoes! The studs and spikes are so rocker which I adore and because the shoes are only £5, it doesn't really matter if they get ruined by jumping about because it'll barely cost you a thing to replace them!

BangoMango has always been and will continue to be one of my favourite go to spaces on the internet. I'm kind of worried actually because my wardrobe is overflowing as it is, yet everything on this website is so cheap and tempting!
 
Do you have a favourite independent website that you often use when shopping online or do you have the perfect gig outfit in mind that might be just as cheap? Let me know what you think!
 
You can also find me on


6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, it's so cute isn't it? x

      Delete
  2. at those prices I would be forever buying - and I'm desperately trying to cut down my wardrobe to a few staples. Nice jeans though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I've seen sooo much stuff I want on there! x

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. They're gorgeous aren't they? I gave in and treated myself to a pair in another colour and they've already arrived in great condition :) x

      Delete