Thursday, 27 February 2014

LOTW // I'VE GOT THE MIC AND YOU'VE GOT THE MOSH PIT

Inspire Magazine Online - UK Fashion, Beauty and Lifestyle Blog: LOTW // I've got the mic and you've got the mosh pit; Inspire Magazine Online; Inspire Magazine; LOTW; Look Of The Week; Gig Outfit; What I wore
 
On Sunday I finally got the opportunity to go and see Taking Back Sunday Live - a band I've been a fan of since I was about 15 or 16! If you ever had an emo phase like me then there's no doubt you'll remember pop punk anthems such as You Are So Last Summer and Cute Without The E but I was surprised to discover that these songs are about 12 years old now - man do I feel old! I was kind of worried I'd feel a bit lost at the gig since their last album I have on my iPod is an old one so I knew I wouldn't know any of their newer stuff but I was actually pleasantly surprised. Not only did they play a good portion of songs from their album Louder Now as well as the typical favourites that everyone loves, the newer ones were upbeat and catchy and not too hard to catch on to.

It was an awesome night and as ever, I enjoyed letting my hair down and having a bit of a mosh to some rock music - when don't I to be fair? As my first gig of 2014, I really enjoyed myself and thought it was the perfect gig to launch another year of live music.
 
Inspire Magazine Online - UK Fashion, Beauty and Lifestyle Blog: LOTW // I've got the mic and you've got the mosh pit; Inspire Magazine Online; Inspire Magazine; LOTW; Look Of The Week; Gig Outfit; What I wore
Inspire Magazine Online - UK Fashion, Beauty and Lifestyle Blog: LOTW // I've got the mic and you've got the mosh pit; Inspire Magazine Online; Inspire Magazine; LOTW; Look Of The Week; Gig Outfit; What I wore
 Jacket; Miss Selfridge // Top; Republic // Leggings; Unknown
 
It was pretty cold and rainy out but I knew I'd get hot there (and I did, it was a fairly small venue but it was over packed!) so I opted for wet look leggings - a bit lighter than jeans, but still warmer then shorts or a skirt. I just threw on an old favourite top from Rebublic (I often seem to come back to this top for gigs) and grabbed my leather jacket. I didn't make too much fuss over my outfit and just chose something that was comfortable but still a little edgy.
 
Inspire Magazine Online - UK Fashion, Beauty and Lifestyle Blog: LOTW // I've got the mic and you've got the mosh pit; Inspire Magazine Online; Inspire Magazine; LOTW; Look Of The Week; Gig Outfit; What I wore

Inspire Magazine Online - UK Fashion, Beauty and Lifestyle Blog: LOTW // I've got the mic and you've got the mosh pit; Inspire Magazine Online; Inspire Magazine; LOTW; Look Of The Week; Gig Outfit; What I wore
 
 
'Look Of The Week' name taken from lyrics from this song!

You can also find me on
 
 
P.S Check out the Look Of The Week tag for a mooch at some of my other 'Look Of The Week' posts! 



1 comment: